母婴导购

“粽”情端午

0回复 阅读 37

端午节(农历5月5日,通常在公历的6月份)中国四大传统节日之一,其他三个分别是春节、清明节、中秋节,又称端阳节、龙舟节、重午节等。始于春秋战国时期,至今已有2000多年历史。是中国首个入选世界非遗的节日。

作为我国这么重要的节日,如何向世界友人们介绍“端午节”呢?

接下来,和安娃一起来看看那些关于“端午节”的相关知识,是如何用英语来表达的吧。

“端午节”的英文翻译

“端午节”在英语中的说法,Z常见的是(the)Dragon Boat Festival(龙舟节),或者(the)Dragon Boat Day(龙舟日),前者更常见。

如2008年6月25日英国《卫报(The Guardian)》新闻说:

Lighting fireworks to celebrate the newly-recognized Dragon Boat festival in memory of Qu Yuan.

燃放鞭炮庆祝刚被认可的纪念屈原的端午节。

由于端午节是在农历五月初五,月、日都是五,故称重五。所以,英语也可译成the Double Fifth(重五节)。

直接用汉语拼音译成(the)Duanwu Festival(端午节)在外媒上也不少见。如2011年6月6日BBC报道说:

China has celebrated Duanwu,a national holiday on 6 June,with a dragon-boat race in Beijing.

中国在北京举行龙舟赛,庆祝6月6日的全民节日端午节。

端午节吃什么?

Zongzi/ rice-dumpling 粽子

Glutinous rice filled with meat, nuts or bean paste and wrapped in bamboo leaves. It is associated with Dragon Boat Festival with historical meaning.

在糯米中加入肉、干果或者豆沙,再以竹叶包裹。在端午节吃粽子是一个具有历史意义的传统。

In Guangdong province, the dumplings are filled with five-spice coated fatty pork and plenty of mung beans cooked inside the rice. Often, traditional cooks also add a whole salted egg yolk. In Beijing and other northern provinces, the preference is for sweet dumplings, filled with sugary red-bean paste.

在广东等南方地区,粽子里面包有五香肥猪肉和很多豆子,很多人还喜欢在粽子里放一整个咸蛋黄。在北京等北方地区,人们更爱吃包了豆沙的甜粽子

端午喝什么?

Realgar Wine 雄黄酒

Adults drink Xiong Huang Wine, which can fend off evil spirits.

成年人饮雄黄酒可以祛除病魔。

端午节玩什么?

Dragon boat race赛龙舟

Dragon boat racing is an indispensable part of the festival, held all over the country. As the gun is fired, people will see racers in dragon-shaped canoes pulling the oars harmoniously and hurriedly, accompanied by rapid drums, speeding toward their destination.

全国各地举办的赛龙舟活动是端午节不可或缺的一部分。发令枪一响,我们就可以看到参赛者们坐在龙舟上快速、和谐地划着桨,伴着急速的鼓声冲向终点。

端午节戴什么?

Wearing perfume pouch or scented sachets 佩香囊

On Dragon Boat Festival, parents also need to dress their children up with a perfume pouch. They first sew little bags with colorful silk cloth, then fill the bags with perfumes or herbal medicines, and finally string them with silk threads. The perfume pouch will be hung around the neck or tied to the front of a garment as an ornament. They are said to be able to ward off evil.

在端午节,父母会给孩子们戴上香包。他们首先用彩色的绸布缝制成小包,然后在小包里装上香料和草药,Z后用丝线将小包缝上。香包被挂在孩子的脖子上或系在衣服的前面作为装饰。传说香包也可以驱魔辟邪。

端午节挂什么?

Hanging mugwort or calamus 悬艾叶菖蒲

People hang branches of moxa and calamus around the doors of their homes.

人们把艾叶和菖蒲挂在家门口。

屈原

端午节绕不开的人:屈原

In the ancient Chinese country of Chu, there was a very smart and well-known minister and poet. His name is Qu Yuan.

在一个名叫楚国的古代国家,有一位聪慧且有名气的大臣和诗人,他的名字叫屈原

But because of someone’s slanders, the King banished him to the very south of China --far away from his own country and close to the river Mi Luo Jiang.

但是,由于一些人的诽谤,楚王把他流放到中国Z南端--一个远离他的母国,靠近汨罗江的地方。

Qu yuan was not happy being so far from his home country. So he committed suicide by drowning himself in the river Mi Luo Jiang.

屈原因离开故土而郁郁寡欢,所以他选择用投汨罗江的方式结束生命。

But the people like Qu Yuan very much. So they sent out dragon boats to find his dead body soon-- but they didn’t find him.

但人们都非常喜欢屈原,他们纷纷划龙舟到处找寻屈原的尸体,但是一无所获。

So they made Zong Zi, so the fish would eat this instead of the dead body.

所以,他们做了粽子(抛撒到江里),这样鱼儿就会吃粽子而不会去吃屈原的尸体了。

端午节的诗歌:《离骚》

《离骚》英文版 许渊冲译

I have so much beauty inside!

And add to it a style ornate.

I weave sweet grass by riverside!

Into a belt with orchids late.

纷吾既有此内美兮, 我不仅有美好的内在品德啊!

又重之以脩能。又富有行事的才能。

扈江离与僻芷兮, 江蓠和芷草披在我肩上啊!

纫秋兰以为佩。秋兰连缀佩在腰间。

Like running water years will pass!